October 4, 2018

spring 2018

Okay I know I am writing this months later but I have been way busy getting married and what not! But anyways spring semester was by far my favorite semester I have ever had at school and I am not sure saying that. It was my last semester of school which is always so nice but so weird! I don't really even know where to begin! I was busy with school, work and planning a wedding. And spending lots & lots of time with my love. 

I'll start with my engagement since that was towards the beginning of the semester even though it felt like it was taking forever for him to pop the question! It was on May 13 (mothers day) that he asked me. It was a Sunday and we have church at 9 and so I didn't shower and just pulled my hair back. Which is a normal thing for me. I went home and took a good sunday nap. When I woke up and Madison asked me "are you gonna shower?" I was like wth why? haha she was like just cause you normally shower after naps which is true if I hadn't showered that day since long naps make me feel gross. I didn't think much of it cause I was going to shower anyways cause there was Zander's surprise birthday that night. Ethan came over later and we were just all hanging out. I didn't think the proposal would happen that day because they made me think it would happen. I jokingly say "yeah don't propose to me today". Cause I was wearing leggings and a tshirt. Plus I didn't think he would propose today because it was mothers day and we had plans that night. Kiersten says "you should change for the party tonight. Which I thought was weird. I was like I will! Then she says and you should put on makeup. I was like I do have makeup on! It just wasn't fresh and I wasn't wearing a lot. So funny. The Kiersten paints my nails. But I thought she was just doing it cause she was bored. Plus she always paints others nails. We even went to the neighbors to get the right color. And then sydnee asked if she could curl my hair cause i always tell her how i love how she curls her hair. I go to ethans to skype alyssa who is on a mission. The skype call starts later than planned. I tell ethan we can just be late to zanders party and dont have to be there for the surprise. Then he was like we need to go but i kept telling him i didn't care. It was almost 8 and he was like bye fam! and closes the laptop. On the way to the car I check find my friends to see if madison is at the party. I see that I cant see her or kierstens location. It was then that I knew something was up. So i call madison and she was acting so weird and awkward and she never is awkward with me. I ask her if she was at the party and she hesistates and says uh yeah. and i asked her again are you there? she says she is getting gas. So I say so youre mot there? Then she says no im here. I ask her if zander has come yet and who is there and she lists people. and I hear NOTHIING but pure silence in the background lol. We start driving and we dont go the way to the party and Im like ethan we are going the wrong way and he drives unto the highway and then i look at him and im like you are proposing arent you. he is like no and then says it is a "pre-proposal" im like what the heck is a pre-proposal. lol. He was like lets just change the subject lol. He was SO calm and normal that it made met think it wasn't happening im dumb. Kiersten calls us after we drive for like 30 mins. I later find out she calls him because they went to a different place then they had planned because it was getting dark and then literally found a spot on the side of the road! so ethan had to follow find my friends to her location. We turn and drive a little along a river with pretty trees. I see people running into bushes lol. He walks me to pictures hanging on trees. It is a timeline of us. So cute. The first one is how we met on mutual. It was cute each picture had a description on the back. We go on the blanket and says really cute things and then gets on one knee (actually two?) lol and asks me and I say yes of course! We hug and kiss and kiersten, madison, sydnee and brady come over and take more pictures and then they leave us. We then try calling EVERYONE in our family and no one answers lol. Everyone in my family was just like finally! haha. We get back and kelsey surprised us with a cute sign and balloons.It was just so fun. I LOVE MY RING. We basically picked it out together. Ethan is just so detail oriented and I just love him. It was the perfect proposal and I had no idea it would happen that day. Waking up with the ring on was the best part.

So one of my goals since coming home from the mission was to run a half marathon. I was so out of shape and just said I gained so much weight on my mission. So in January Madison and I started training for the teton dam half marathon. Im so glad we started training early. The race was on june2. We just started to increase how long our runs were each week. It was so good running it with madison. Like I seriously couldnt have done it without her. ESPECIALLY the last mile she pushed me. I think we ran it in 2 hours and 40/30 mins. Which was a 12 min mile which is slow but we didn'y stop once!! We ran the whole time which was so good. The last mile felt like forever and when I saw the finish line we SPRINTED and I was dead. Finishing was so amazing. My roommates got me a dr pepper. Ethan made signs. SO cute. Later that day we went to Mackenzie River for my birthday dinner. 

The next day was my birthday! It was a good chill day. After church we went to fall creek falls with my roommates. It was so nice out. Katie then made enchiladas. I then had people over for cake it was fun! Ethan bought me a new stereo for my car which is soooo nice. 

Another big thing that happened this semester is that I went to San Fransisco for a travel study. I have been wanting to go there for forever!! It was so cool. It was just two professors and like 9 girls. We drove there...in a van haha. not the best but whatever! I made some pretty good friends! I liked my roommate a lot! I was gone for 5 days and let me tell you being away from Ethan sucked. But I did need to go on the trip to graduate. Wednesday we went to reno and visited the nevada museum of art. Reno was a funny little town...Thursday we drove to sacramento and went to the crocker museum of art. We then drove to San Fransisco. We went to fishermans wharf and it was so nice! We rode a bay cruise and went under the bridge. It was so prettty. We saw a dolphin in the water! We got dinner at boudins and had real yummy clam chowder and grilled cheese! We walked around pier39 and ghiredelli square. It was so fun! Saw so many sea lions! Friday we went to DeYoung museum and the japenese gardens. We went down the windiest hill which was fun. We then went to the full house house! We then went to china town and brother briggs bought us the sketchiest food lol. SO MUCH FOOD. we had so much food on the trip holy cow. We then stopped by the golden gate bridge at sunset so pretty. Camryn and i didn't eat much and were still hungry so we ordered icecream tacos delivered lol. yum. Saturday we went to the farmers market and it was the best one i had ever been to it was AMAZING. so many samples. it was perfect weather too. so nice. i just loveeeddd it. We then went to Legion of honor and saw MONET. so cool. i love art. We went to the beach for lunch but it was SO windy lol. We went over the golden gate bridge and then went to the red wood forest. We thenn drove to truckee and stayed the night and then got up way early and drove to rexburg. It was a fun trip but i definitely want to come back with ethan.

Another fun day was the 4th of July! Jake surprised Madison and we all knew about it! We went to packsaddle lake with them! it was so fun. The water was FREEZING. we got in on the tubes and floated around. We ate lunch and hammocked. It was perfect. We got home and got ready and went to Idaho Falls for the fireworks.

My calling that semester was compassionate service so each week we did "nice notes" and gave out birthday gifts. so fun. I took a portait photography class so i was constantly taking pictures of people. My roommates were the best roommates I had ever have no lie. We had lots of fun.

Some highlights of the semester:

- watercoloring with E
- hammocking
- Karie Anne's
- Snoasis
- Paddle boarding
- corn dogs
- kiwi loco
- grilling
- hiking
- long boarding
- sand dunes
- lots of utah visits
- slacklining
- rock climbing
- shooting
- lots of icecream
- taking our engagments
- temple
- floating the river
- bridge jumping
- lots of dinner dates
- farmers market
- bachelorette party
- henry turned one
- lagoon
- rigby lake
- rexburg rapids

I had so many adventures with Ethan this semester and I will always remember them. Being engaged was so fun. Yes a bit crazy planning the wedding but it was also sooo fun! i graduated in art and I am so glad my whole family was there for me! It was so fun! The afternoon of graduation my grandparents we invited to a lunch with president and sister eyring because they donate to the school. Ethan and I went which was really cool plus free food! The ceremony was good just normal! My department convocation was so fun. They had an opera singer, a dance performance and other things like that. It feels really good being done. I am so grateful for my parents for helping me so much get where I am. It's crazy I am done with BYUI but i also dont feel "done" cause Ill be here another year for ethan!

No comments:

Post a Comment