October 24, 2016

week 52: lakes, pumpkins & donuts

Monday, October 24th, 2016

hello my peeps!

This week has been really good! I already love my new area! And I'm more in civilization so it's great! We actually have stores! So I am in pinetop zone but actually serving in show low. In 1st & 2nd wards. 1st Ward is huge! The area and amount of people and 2nd Ward is small in both categories. Oh and idk if I mentioned but I am a STL (sister training leader). And I'm STL with my baby, Sister Gulley! So that's way fun. We are living together and she is training so I have a grandbaby!! But yeah I love my companion so much! She is awesome, it will be a great transfer.

So last Monday I was still in Eagar, weird cause it feels like it has been forever. I wrote 33 letters to my people there with a picture and handed it out to everyone! So that took a while but I'm grateful I did. Cause those people changed my life. We went over to the Henrie's and made tie dye aprons, it was fun. She really wanted to do that with us before I left. We then had dinner with the Stake President and his wife. She made hot fudge and you poor it over icecream and it's actually really good. I guess it's an Eagar thing. We saw Crystal and her kids and then I said bye to Haley :(

Tuesday I pretty much finished packing and then Mark and Lenna drove me to Show Low! I got my companion and then we went to the apt! Our room is so small but I'll live with it haha. I was so spoiled in Eagar. I'll send you pics of it next week. We had dinner with our ward missionaries in 2nd Ward, Nancy and Leroy. They are a mother and a son who are converts. They are so cute and funny. They are so good and go door to door finding us people to teach! The Webbs want us to teach their daughter Jhade who is about to turn 8 so that she can decide on her own if she wants to be baptized. So we taught her the restoration. We then had a lesson with the Sandovals. They have 6 boys and one girl so it's crazy. We had an awesome lesson on the armor of God and printed people and then they drew on the armor.

Wednesday we saw Tewana who is a less-active and her husband is not a member. She is 22 and wants to get active! Which is awesome cause we are hoping to start teaching her husband! Her little sister lives with them and she is really active. They are really cute girls, they have been through a lot. We saw Sister Bottoms, she is less-active and she had just had knee surgery that day so we went to see how she was doing and shared a message. We then went to go see a potential named Lynsey and she let us in and we shared the because of him video with her. She talks a lot...but it was good. But we got a text this morning from her and she dropped us...then in 1st Ward they do this thing where they called it splits but the high priests go out and they are delivering cookies to every member of the ward before Christmas! So we went with our ward mission leader and his wife (the Gilmores) and did that. It wasn't really productive on our part so we will probably not go anymore. Or just go see the less-actives.

Thursday we saw sister Tuetken who is a less-active. We had a really good lesson with her. She started crying and really wants the best for her grandkids (she is raising them). She comes off and on. She knows she needs to come every week. We then had this miracle! We prayed and got out of our car to go see a potential but then there was this guy standing outside of his house. We started talking to him and immediately he inviteed us in! We are like wait is someone else there? Cause we can't go in with just a guy home. And he is like yeah my mom is. Sweet. So we go inside and his mom is SO nice. Her name is Rafaela and her son's name is Victor, he is 19. They are Hispanic and Rafaela took the discussions 3 years ago. Anyways they really want to learn more. We had an appointment with them yesterday but it fell through...but we are excited cause it's a family! We had a lesson with Amanda and Richard, Nancy found them. It was our first lesson with them and we taught the restoration. It was going really well and they said they knew it was all true, so then we asked them to be baptized and they were like "no." lol I felt like it was off errand of angels. But it was kind of funny. But yeah it doesn't make sense but they are just like feel good people and they don't really think there is one right religion. She was like I got baptized in Guam, how can you top that? Lol. We are going to drop them when we see them this week. We then saw the Mills that are returning less-actives. They have a parrot in their house and it has the most creepy laugh. It was pretty hilarious. We had a lesson with Zach, our investigator. It was the 2nd lesson with him. It was really good and he wants to get baptized! He has some fears and such so we told him to pray about a baptismal date. He is dating a member and he goes to church every week. He used to be a JW so he is worried about his family shunning him which is understandable.

Friday we went to Panda Express! It's so nice to have options for lunch! Brother Phil takes us out to eat every week, he is like the new Brother Ayres. I saw some yw from Eagar there, that was fun. It's good they are so close. We had a first lesson with Clarise. She took the lessons about 5 months ago and I guess the elders pushed her. But she really wants to know more and she said us showing up at her door was a sign. She is Navaho and has four kids and is married. I asked the husband if he would like to join next time and he said yes! It was a really good lesson. We then had dinner at Jessica Deals'. It's a PMF and her brother is a less-active and we teach her 8 yr old son to make sure he is ready for baptism. I love that family!! Jayce is the 8 yr old and Marc is Jessica's brother. We then had a really good first lesson with a women named DeAnn. She is so sweet and nice. She has good fellowshippers who have been inviting her to activities. The Spirit was so strong in her lesson. She is so prepared and she came to church! She said she liked it!

Saturday we went to Show Low Lake and picked up trash along it with 1st Ward. It was such a nice day I even got sunburned. It's so pretty here! Not my Washington but it will do. I'm definitely a mountain missionary. It was fun getting to know the ward, we had a BBQ after. We had dinner with our ward mission leader in 2nd Ward, the Willis's. They are funny. I already love the members and people here! 2nd Ward hasn't had any baptisms this year but that will change!! We saw Jaimie who is a returning less-active. She is a single mom with two kids. She is very cute. She is very stressed though, it's hard when you just want to do everything for someone but you can't!

Sunday was good. It was the primary program in 1st Ward and it was so funny. Lots of people were there. I like both of the wards! We had a lesson with an investigator named Pasty and holy cow we couldn't even teach the restoration because her dog is Satan! Man it was rough but so so funny. So we are going to teach her at her neighbor's who is a member. She hates leaving her dog alone though. This week was good! We had 5 new investigators!

Today we did a morning hike, it was so pretty. And then we went to the saddest pumpkin patch ever...there were only two pumpkins left lol. And then we got donuts! Members own it and you can create your own donut! It's pretty cool.

I'm in Mosiah in my reading. In chapter 14, verse 5 it says "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." I love this scripture. I know that we can be fully healed through Christ. It reminded me of this quote:

"The Atonement leaves no tracks, no traces. What it fixes is fixed. It just heals, and what it heals stays healed. The Atonement, which can reclaim each one of us, bears no scars. That means that no matter what we have done or where we have been or how something happened, if we truly repent, the Savior has promised that He would atone. And when He atoned, that settled that. The Atonement can wash clean every stain no matter how difficult or how long or how many times repeated.” - President Packer

When we get a deal cut, we get a scar. But repentance is not like that. There are no scars because of the atonement of Jesus Christ. And I am so grateful for that.

I also read Mosiah 15:16 "How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of those that are still publishing peace!" I wanted to know more about what that meant and so I looked in the institute manuel and Elder Jeffrey R. Holland said, “These familiar passages, written first by Isaiah but spoken of and inspired by Jehovah himself, are often applied to anyone--especially missionaries--who bring the good tidings of the gospel and publish peace to the souls of men. It is he and only he who ultimately brings the good tidings of salvation. Only through him is true, lasting peace published."

He is the Prince of Peace! I'm grateful to share this peace with others! Have a safe week!

--xo: sista fisha

🍂
baby missionary

Show Low Lake





Idk

morning hike





The saddest pumpkin patch




DONUTS 🍩





No comments:

Post a Comment