March 25, 2022

winter 2022

It's crazy how a few months can feel so long. January felt like years. But the year did start off good. Because we went to cancun! It was a good trip but holy cow a lot of things did go wrong. Flights were missed because of snow and just because american airlines sucks. We had to leave sarah in the airport. ugh wow I'm getting anxious just thinking about it. I felt so bad. It was just crazy. And then paul got covid while we were there, it was nuts. But overall really good, and it was nice to get some sun. We got back christmas eve and then Christmas day we spent with ethans family. It was also a good chill day. 

I feel like the beginning of this year was the worst but I also can't really remember why. Except work sucked but I FINALLY left nest and started working at Mentionables! It's only been a week. But it's been amazing!! I quit nest without having a job and it was the most freeing and best thing that has ever happened to me. I only applied to two jobs and got both! So I then had to decide which one I wanted. So far it's really great but it's only been a week!

Fergie unexpectedly passed away in February. It was super hard for my family, especially my dad. She got hit by a car right on the road right outside our house :( Super sad. She got hit in the head and they buried her in the garden. She was the happiest lil dog there ever was.

For Ethan's spring break we went with sarah, rachel and her friend sam to schweitzer or big sky to ski. It was an awesome week of skiing, eating good food and hanging out. We stayed at the rands in sandpoint which was super nice of them. We played games with them, hot tubed and golfed. We drove to bozeman and stayed in a tiny home. It was SO cute! It had a fireplace and it was so cozy having hot chocolate. We made soup and grilled cheese. Watched a movie and had popcorn. We ate at the BEST place in bozeman, freaking good and we got a good deal cause sams friend worked there. Big sky was amazing and so big! It was insane. We lucked out with weather, although it was like 5 degrees one of the days! We somehow fit 5 people in our car, with all of our skis, ski boots and ski gear. Crazy. It was squished but we made it work.

I feel spring will be a fresh start. A new job, better weather, exciting goals. I don't know what the future holds, or even where we will live next year. But I am hopeful.

Some other things that happened this winter:

- lots of skiing (duh ikon pass)

- making new friends

- kreative kiln

- sledding

- bacon jobs

- van gogh

- puppy barn

- jazz gmae

- hot tub

- rock climbing

- lots of brunch dates

- baby jack was born

- making chocolate

- family dinners

- the wash

- dinner dates

- pickle ball

- nickel city

- lots of movie dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment