December 20, 2016

week 60: I'll be home next christmas...

Monday, December 19th, 2016

merry christmas everyone! 🎄

I can't believe it is that time of year again. Like where did this year go?? It's a special time to serve my Lord. Except right now everyone is busy and canceling and sick. So it's a bit rough but the members are so awesome.



Monday we showed up to the Lewis's to have a lesson with Deanna. We get there at the same time as her and she is talking to me and Carol and all of a sudden she just says I can't do this anymore... she is holding her Book of Mormon, ensign, gospel principles book and all the pamphlets we gave to her. And she hands them to me and says someone else can use them. I was like no keep them I can't take them and I gave them back to her. It was like an ex giving back all your things to you after a breakup. Oh my heart. It was just so shocking & she didn't say much of why. She said she had been talking to her kids and they are pretty anti. Carol said she thinks someone at work has been talking to her about it as well. Man Satan is the worst. She was doing SO well. Like amazing. She was progressing so well. She quit drinking coffee and she was in Mosiah! I know she has a testimony. She will come back eventually. We ate dinner with the Lewis's but it was so sad. To cheer up Carol we decorated her house with her. We then taught Zach about the priesthood, it was good.

Tuesday we had a lesson with Tewana. Shenia and her boyfriend was there. They are all so funny. We then and some conference with all of the mountains. We had lunch there - bread bowls, the best. Zone conference was good. We mainly talked about our doctrine of Christ reading from the Book of Mormon and what we learned. It's really cool to read over the highlighted parts. I have learned so much about the doctrine of Christ. President told us to read it whenever we need a desire to share the gospel because the doctrine of Christ and applying it to our lives helps us to have that desire. I know that the doctrine of Christ does change us. It is how we can become more like Christ and access the atonement. We had a lesson with Jesse. We got to teach it this time. We got to ask him questions and read the Book of Mormon with him.

Wednesday we got to go to the temple! Highlight of my week! We then saw the Mcpeaks, the kids are active but the parents aren't, sad. We had dinner with the Guevaras. Love them. They made sourdough waffles. We shared the light the world message with a less-active couple named the Shields. Oh we had to saw goodbye to Sister Zabariza this morning :(

Thursday was exhausting but productive. I was with a mini missionary named Makenna. She is going to Honduras on her mission in a month. She is awesome!! We saw Sister Mejia. She said she hasn't smoked in 6 days! She hadn't read the Book of Mormon so we read with her. We then went to Sister Bliss who is an older lady. We saw Hillary Freestone who is a less-active. She is very hippy and so awesome haha. She is living with a nonmember. We met with Joanna. Her husband wasn't there and her kids were being crazy but when we shared a video they were all really quiet. And they said their family prayers every night that week! I was so proud!! She said there was more peace in their home. Our lesson that night canceled and Makenna was really bumbed because she wanted to teach the restoration. But it was a miracle because our dinner gave us a referral for the managers at this sketchy motel. So we go and meet Rachael. Her husband didn't seem too interested and he was busy working. We meet her and she says okay I want to know everything haha. So we are like okay. We teach her the restoration but it took sooo long because she talks a lot. She was really interested and understood everything. She was excited to read the Book of Mormon. It was cool because she would ask a question that would lead into the next principle we were gonna teach. It's going to be hard because she can't really leave work...and she needs to come to church. We just hope she doesn't think our meetings will count as church. She told us about how God told her that she needs to move west but she didn't know why and she still doesn't know why.

Friday it rained all day and I secretly liked it. We had a lesson with Noah, he is so cute!!!! I love him. He has such a sweet spirit about him. We told Noah we weren't perfect and that we make mistakes everyday, he was like "really?" We had a lesson with the Slade kids. Three of them need to be baptized. The family is not active. We get there and the parents are in the kitchen and don't even acknowledge us and don't come in for the lesson. So we teach 8 kids the restoration and it was crazy and so loud. The kids who want to get baptized are so cute, especially Henry. He just eats it all up. We just aren't sure what to do because we want the family to be active and we don't think the parents will take their kids to church after they are baptized.

Saturday morning we had breakfast with santa. It was combined with old first ward so it was fun to see everyone. We had FIVE appointments that day but they ALL canceled...struggle. We went around invited everyone we could to the Show Low Ward Christmas party. We went over before to help the relief society decorate. The party was fun and a lot of people came.

Sunday was good. We go on splits and I show up to Paloma Ward and Jessica Mejia is there! She wanted to surprise us! She was so excited, super cute. And she has been smoke free for 9 days!

Scriptures I have been thinking about is Matthew 4: 18-20...

"And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. And they straightway left their nets, and followed him."

Coming on a mission I did have to leave my nets. But I am grateful I did. I have learned to truly follow Him.

"Peace can come to all who choose to walk in the ways of the Master. His invitation is expressed in three loving words: 'come, follow me." - Russell M. Nelson

I know that as we follow him we will gain the peace that comes from Him. He is the Prince of Peace. The true source of Peace. And it is awesome with the light the world initiative because when we are doing it, we are following Him in His footsteps.

It reminds me of this quote, "an interesting thing happens whenever you attempt to place your feet in Christ's footsteps. if you really concentrate on trying to walk the way he walked--loving, caring, serving, and obeying each step of the way--one day you'll look up and discover that his path has led you directly to the throne of God. For that is and ever has been his great purpose and mission: to lead us to our Heavenly Father so we can dwell with him in his heavenly home".

I'm grateful for this Christmas season, that I have to learn of Him and follow Him. I love reading the New Testament. Every time Christ speaks, I see His divinity. I'm so grateful He was born and that I know why He was born. I know He loves you and me. Have an amazing Christmas!! 🎅

--xo: sista fisha

Deanna

professional tree decorator

Zach and Channa arguing

!!!!

idk

The Jex's


zone conference

temple






my mini missionary makenna

santa!


sugar all day everyday

imma smell bae

No comments:

Post a Comment