January 18, 2016

week 12: I got to see family this week!

Monday, January 18th, 2016

This week was so good!! Lots of miracles and great things happening.


Monday: We got to see Sue! And then we went to go see if we could contact a woman that we met on the street! She told us where she lived so we went by! She said she used to be a member and her two kids were sealed in the temple. She is divorced and has some health problems. We don't know if her records got taken away or if she was excommunicated. She is really nice and wants to feed us dinner sometime! She had a good discussion with her!

Tuesday: We had a full proselyting! We tried to see a lot of less-actives. Many didn't answer their door of course. We got to see Joy Christensen. We went to see the Ross family! They were doing well but then Joe went to the hospital on Saturday so we made sure that their home teachers went over and gave them a blessing. We then had a lesson with the Luongs!! Their son Jason was supposed to be there, he is staying with her for 3 months to help his dad start a business! But he wasn't there because he decided to drive over the next day.

Wednesday: We had 6 lessons on Wednesday! It was a really good day! Some times you don't expect to see miracles but God does bless us. Almost everyone we tried to see opened their door! We got to see David Klemm, he is very nice but hasn't come to church in years. We then got to see another less-active named Karen Cummings. She owns a petting zoo! So we got to see all of her animals! I got kissed by some alpacas. Only kiss I'll get for a while. We got to see Glenda for a bit and she found her Book of Mormon!! She has opened up so much from when I first came here. We then went to the DeBenckendorff's! They weren't home so we left but then we saw Megan (the nonmember) driving in on their street! So we turned around! We had a really good lesson with her and she says everything we have been telling her recently has been just what she needed to hear! She is moving this Saturday though, but then will be coming back in a month or two! So I could still be here! She is having a hard time but she is so amazing! We got to see the Holdimans! They made us cinnamon rolls. Haha they are cuties. We then went to see another lady we found tracting, she told us to come back later so we did! No one answered but then she came up walking her dog! We had a really good conversation and shared a message with her. We then found out she is lesbian so this shall be interesting! Her name is Jessica and she is really sweet!

Thursday: We had interviews with President! It went well! I then got to see Mom's cousin Robin finally! It was so amazing!! I got permission from President to see her. We went out to a Mexican Restaurant. She brought her husband Robert as well! It was really nice meeting her! All my life Grandma Udell has told me I have Robin's eyes. We had a good conversation, I asked them if I could share a message with her. The spirit was so strong. I just shared a scripture with them and then said "I know that God is mindful of you and that He loves you" and she started crying! That made me cry as well! I bore them my testimony and how I think it is no coincidence I am serving right next to them. The Lord's timing is perfect. I know that I was meant to see them and share the gospel with them. She has not been through the temple. I invited her to meet with her missionaries, the ward just next to mine. She said she didn't need the missionaries. She said she would love to have me over though. It went really well! We then had ztm and there are some changes in the mission! We can watch inside out, cokeville miracle, and freetown any pday! yay! and we don't have transfer meeting anymore so if we are being transferred then we need a member to drive us! We went to Laine's that night. She said she will never be a mormon...we will see about that.

Friday: Nothing too exciting happened Friday. We saw Isaac, our investigator!! We brought 2 priesthood holders and then lesson went so well! We read the Book of Mormon with him because he hadn't been reading it. We all shared insights. He said he was going to singles ward on Sunday and he went! But I guess he had a terrible experience...ugh. 

Saturday: We contacted a referral! Her name is Berenda! Very nice lady! She said for us to come back on Wednesday! We then went to a pizza place with investigators and had a lesson there because we couldn't get a female member to come with us! We called like 15 people, it was very last minute though. It went really well and we got more of where they are at. We went on a nature walk with them today! They are so kind.

Sunday: Oh my goodness we had 6 investigators at church today! MIRACLES. We applied what we learned in district meeting last week and it worked! During weekly planning, we planned out how we were going to help them get to church that Sunday. In McDowell ward we had Danny come to church for his first time! He really liked it! We had a lesson with him later that night and it went SO well. I think it was our best lesson with him! I really enjoy teaching him! We told him about ysa, he says he can't right now because of work, the YSA is at 1pm. He said he would love to go to the activities though! In Larkspur ward we had Theresa come! That was seriously a miracle because we have been trying to get her to come to church for weeks. She was really nervous at first but then she relaxed and even started singing some of the songs! The DeBenckendorffs also came! Megan came with her two kids! It was amazing seeing them there! We also had Jason come with his family (the Luongs)! 

Being a missionary is so rewarding. I already can't imagine my life without it. It is hard work but when you see people progressing there is nothing like it. I love these people so much. I know I am here for these people. I have learned so much from them and from my experiences. I know that we all have spiritual gifts. We need to find out what they are and work on them! We can also gain others. I know that the atonement is so real and that we can become like Him! We can only become more Christ-like if we change though. We are here to change and progress. I am grateful for repentance and how it can change hearts. This work is so good!!

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." Alma 26:12

I love this scripture and I know this to be true. I have learned it on my mission that I really cannot do this work by myself. I need HIM and I find my strength through Him! I really can do all things through him!

I love you all! Have a blessed week! Happy Martin Luther King dayyyy

Sista Fisha

Sometimes I get bored...and my whitegirlproblems come out


Kisses from alpacas!



Robyn and Robert!!!!


Our investigator Danny!!!!!

Investigators Ruben and Lindsey!


1 comment:

  1. Go get 'em Sista Fisha! You add exclamation marks to life, so good to hear about your week!
    --Juli White

    ReplyDelete