April 5, 2015

#becausehelives

My heart is very full today with it being Easter and listening to the prophet and apostles today. Now that I am older Easter seems less like a holiday filled with the easter bunny and candy and more like a day to remember the Savior and all He has done for us. I love the holy week and how we get to celebrate His resurrection. Because He lives there is hope for the future. Because He lives I can find peace&comfort. Because He lives I am never alone. Because He lives I can overcome anything. Because He lives I can live with my family for eternity. Because He lives I can find joy. Because He lives I will be resurrected. Let us remember Him ALWAYS. And remember He is not here, For He is risen.

Here are some notes on conference that I took because it was SO good:

- "We need each other to reach our divine potential" Linda K Burton
- "Seek a mighty change of heart" Dallin H Oaks
- "Choose to believe" L Whitney Clayton
- "The power of the atonement makes repentance possible" David A Bednar
- "We need to be spiritually born again" D Todd Christofferson
- "A saint is a sinner who keeps on trying" Dale G Renlund
- "One of God's gifts is the joy of trying again" Dale G Renfund
- "The church has never been stronger" Quentin L Cook
- "When we go to the temple we can find peace and overcome temptation" Thomas S Monson
- "The fullness of joy can only be achieved by Jesus Christ" Jose A Teixeira
- "A deeper understanding of Jesus Christ will give us greater hope for the future" Jose A Teixeira
- "There is always something new to learn and feel each sunday in every meeting and in every verse of scripture" Gerald Causse
- "This is the most sacred day of the year for special rememberance of brotherly hands and determined arms that reached to save us from our fallings" Jeffrey R Holland
- "Today we celebrate the gift of victory over every fall we have ever experienced, every sorry we've every known" Jeffrey R Holland
- "Jesus died and rose from death so He could grasp us as we fall and lift us to eternal life " Jeffrey R Holland
- "Easter is the day that changed everything" Dieter F Uchtdorf
- "God loves us deeply, perfectly and everlasting" Dieter F Uchtdorf
- "Grace opens the window of heaven" Dieter F Uchtdorf
- "His grace refines us, His grace helps us become our better selves"Dieter F Uchtdorf
- "Do we understand our indebtedness to Heavenly Father and plead with all our souls for the grace of God?" Dieter F Uchtdorf
- "How we live our religion is far more important than what we say about our religion" Robert D Hales
- "Enduring to the end means constantly coming unto Christ" Kevin W Pearson
- "Average is the enemy of excellent" Kevin W Pearson
- "The lord knows where each piece belongs so that it fits into the plan" Rafael E Pino
- "As you pray in faith to see the Lord's hand in your life He will open spiritual eyes even wider...you will see" Niel L Andersen
- "The path we have chosen to walk is narrow" Jorge F Zeballos
- "We become fruitful as we abide in Christ and as we take upon ourselves His name and serve Him to the end" Joseph W Sitati
- "The home is the basis of a righteous life, and no other instrumentality can take it's place or fulfill it's essential functions" Russell M Nelson

During my scripture study today I read d&c 20:22-24 "He suffered temptation but gave no heed unto them. He was crucified, died, and rose again the third day. And ascended into heaven to sit down on the right hand of the Father to reign with almighty power according to the will of the Father." I thought it was no coincidence that I read this today. I am now reading D&C since I finished the BOM (woo). I love this book as well. I love feasting the words of Christ and making it apart of my day.

I don't think we can fully comprehend what Jesus Christ did for us. I know he loves us and I am eternally grateful for his atoning sacrifice. I hope you all had a great easter and listening to conference!
Happy Easter

1 comment:

  1. Natalie, You are a wonderful note taker. Thank you for sharing. I feel your testimony every time that I read your blog. You are such an excellent example to me! LOVE YOU FOREVER!!

    ReplyDelete