November 13, 2014

why do bad things happen to good people?

We all face trials, some larger than others. They are our personal trials, meant for us. They are to teach us something. Sometimes I have no idea what I am supposed to learn from my trials. I know that we grow through our trials. 2014 has been a weird year for me. It has been so great. But also so hard. Heavenly Father has tested my patience. Some little dumb things have happened, mainly bad luck and me being dumb. Others are larger. No matter what it is, these things happen to us for a reason. This past devotional was great and I felt like was meant for me. Brent H. Neilson spoke about learning from our trials. Here are some notes I took from Tuesday that I would like to share:

"your happiness comes from freeing your past sins"
"He is standing at the door knocking"
"the savior has paid the price"
"embrace your trials"
"move forward with faith not fear"
"be patient and cheerful"
"you do not need to carry your load alone"

I feel like a lot of the devotionals this semester have been about being happy, repenting, and forgiveness. I really like what Brother Neilson had to say. During our trials it can seem very hard but we need to be "patient and cheerful". When someone treats you poorly all you can do is move on and forget about them. Be the bigger person and forgive. I found this quote I liked, "Forgiveness doesn't excuse their behavior. Forgiveness prevents their behavior from destroying your heart." Move forward with peace.

"Brothers and sisters, there is enough heartache and sorrow in this life without our adding to it through our own stubbornness, bitterness, and resentment.

We are not perfect.

The people around us are not perfect. People do things that annoy, disappoint and anger. In this mortal life it will always be that way. Nevertheless, we must let go of our grievances. Part of the purpose of mortality is to lean how to let go of such things. That is the Lord’s way."

-Dieter F. Uchtdorf

I love this. Keep your heads up and listen to christmas music.

Okay one last quote:

"Blame keeps wounds open. Only forgiveness heals." -Thomas S. Monson

And if you know me I like pictures more than words so here is a random picture that makes me happy :)


No comments:

Post a Comment