March 16, 2014

finals week.

So I haven't posted in a while so I need to catch up! Last week was finals. It was pretty crazy. We only had a few days of finals really. Three hard tests, they were actually pretty hard so I am so glad it is over with. It's so weird how everyone takes the same classes here. There were so many study groups. Even though it was finals week, we still seemed to have a lot of fun. Before we took tests we would play music and dance. It was hilarious. My parents were also in town but they were busy with their tour and I was always studying but we got to hang out all weekend. I'm so glad finals are over, now we only have two classes! Party on!
dressing up like bashir
weddings in hebrew class
Zedekiah's Cave
Thursday after my final I met up with my parents. We went to Zedekiah's cave. It was huge! I was amazed how big it was. It was crazy thinking that I was walking underneath the old city. I then took them to Omar's and we spent a lot of money there... haha Omar is really funny. We spent about an hour there. He bought us juice and everything. He knows how to sell. We then went around the city and ate dinner at the jewish quarter and got shwarma's and falafels. I then had them try the lava cake at the bakery.
We then met up with everyone at the waffle bar for anna's birthday. It was way fun. It was fun introducing everyone to my parents. The waffles were way good.
students cheering and dancing
"i love you"
Friday after class I went into the old city. We met up with my parents at the western wall and then Haley, Andrew, Josh and I went out to dinner with my parents to some Palestinian restaurant. It was really good. I can't remember the name of it now.
"And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it" Luke 19:41
tomb of the prophets
Saturday after church my parents and I went exploring. I took them to all the sites on Mt. of Olives. We went to Garden of Gethsemane, Orson Hyde, Jewish cemetery, Church of Dominus Flevit, Tomb of the Prophets, 7 arches hotel lookout, and Pater Noster. We road camels are the 7 arches hotel lookout. It was really fun. We then walked back and ate dinner. It was so fun having my parents here. It was cool showing them around and having them meet everyone. Thanks for coming to visit me!

1 comment:

  1. Natalie, I can't express how much I enjoy reading your blog and seeing the WONDERFUL pictures! You are doing SUCH a good job! I'm so glad your parents took the opportunity to go to Jordan while you are there. What a GREAT experience for all of you!
    Can't wait to see you again - in 6 weeks?

    ReplyDelete